Fall is just around the corner in Boone, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the ideal time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the feel of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a big impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to think about when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are several ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Boone a call at 828-202-8489 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!